We May Not Have It All Together, But Together We Have It All.

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Go Big Red.........................

on the sidelines
The kids and I received tickets to last week’s Husker game and were honored as that weeks “military family.”  I have to admit, I was initially a little hesitant to go out on the field because I don’t like the attention.  But, as I thought about how neat it would be for the kids to experience something big, full of energy and exciting that is ultimately honoring their father, I knew they needed to be a part of that.  Afterall, they deserved that day.  They have gone through this year with dignity and even though they miss their daddy desperately, they have gone on with unending pride and respect for what he is doing.  Because they know that sometimes there are things bigger than us. 
message from Major....brought tears to my eyes.



The biggest surprise of the night was a pre-recorded message from Major.  I remember hearing  Brock yell in my ear as we were down on the field “its daddy!”  we looked up and there he was.  It was great.  The kids were so excited. 
Go Big Red!






Brock threw the bones on Husker Vision, Sydney waved and they felt like stars for the day.  It was so much fun.



Syd throwin bones too!

We are down to two months now.  When I say it, it seems so close, but when I try to feel it or think about it, it seems so far away.  We are all tired, worn and ready for the separation part of this deployment to come to an end.   


What a Great Day!

No comments: