We May Not Have It All Together, But Together We Have It All.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Finding the pause button......

I feel like there isn't much to write about this week. At first I thought it has been a relatively boring week.....but really it has been so busy that I haven't had a lot of time to think about it......but now I am searching for a pause button.

I worked extra hard and finished up the last of my lit. review papers for class so I wouldn't have to think about them the rest of the week....I am trying to relish my last few days at home. I start working (for free=internship) on Monday.

I'm so excited to begin doing something that I truly believe in and love, but I have to admit, I am feeling a little sad. I'm certain it is because I just got used to our "new normal" and now I will be starting another normal. It's all about change. Change is hard for everyone but change is good. Change challenges us and allows us to face fears, which in turn makes us grow so tall.

I'm looking forward to this new chapter in our life. Spring will be starting, the kids will be in full swing of soccer and softball and I will begin my work with Veterans. The kids and I were talking yesterday about next week's changes and we watched a video of children and families being reunited with their soldiers (thanks Amy!). I knew Brock would probably cry, and he did, but when I went to hug him, he wiped his tears and said...."Mom, I'm so excited for that to be our day. I cant wait for our hello."

I realized how much my positive reflections are important to him. A month ago, that would have devastated him but now he is looking forward. I will continue to do the same. Even though there are days I really want to give in, I will continue to urge positive thoughts in myself and kids because I see the difference it makes.

I hate starting all these new things without Ry. My deepest wish is that I could have him home again and at night I could tell him all about our days and we could laugh and make dinner together. But as a military wife.......we must improvise.......so, I will keep my little notebook close, like I always do, and write down all the funny and interesting things that I want to remember to tell him. Maybe that notebook is my pause button.....yea, it is!

No comments: