We May Not Have It All Together, But Together We Have It All.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Cookie rewards......

Let me first start this blog by warning you about Ry’s mustache you will see in the following pictures.  As you read this blog you will be exposed to something horrible and all I can do is apologize for it.  The mustache!!  HA.  Ry and his unit, in attempts to make their time move faster, have decided that in the spirit of March Madness, they will have March Mustache month.  So all the guys in the unit are growing mustaches.  Not sure why this is fun for them, but it is. 

Our cookie circle is complete.  The kids were really excited when they actually saw the pictures of their daddy and some of the Afghan military personnel eating their cookies.
The cookies were well received and the Col. from Afghanistan told Ry that he will  pray for Syd and Brock to have long, happy lives.  Brock responded to this by saying…”I just love that mom.”
The kids really felt happy when they looked at the pictures.  I could tell they had that wonderful feeling of giving and helping.  I couldn’t be prouder of them. 

Something else happened...Sydney said “it was so cool, it was like we all got a cookie.”  I asked her what she meant and she said…cookies make everyone happy….and daddy was happy so I was happy….so it was like I just ate a cookie.  I think that was one great big cookie of a statement. 

Brock has started making a list of what he wants to do with his daddy when Ry has his two week leave.  So far, Brock would like to go to Washington DC, New York, and Colorado during those two weeks…..hmmmmm. 

I hope that from now on when I eat a cookie I will always think about what is sweet and delish in my life…..and I hope you can too!


1 comment: