We May Not Have It All Together, But Together We Have It All.

Monday, December 20, 2010

Hello and Goodbye.......

We got some great news!!! Since Ryan is still in the States for the next two weeks, doing his pre-mobilization training, he is going to be able to come home for three days over Christmas. We are SO excited.

This news made me really think about our life and how truly blessed we are. Even though my husband is gone and will be away from us for the next year, we really have so much to be thankful for.

As I thought about my blessings, I began to really see and hear people around me and saw how many people in the world are stuck or sad about things that don't really matter in the grand scheme of things. These people are stuck in a trap of negativity and always seem to have something to be upset about. I felt sad for them. They are exhausting themselves striving for some perfect world. If our world was perfect, wouldn't it be boring? I think imperfection brings character and life.

I made a choice to remember that we have a roof over our head, food on the table, our health and most importantly, each other. These are the important things in life.

Of course we will all have those days where nothing seems to go right. But that is life. I'm saying goodbye to the forces in my life that encourage perfection and hello to those who love imperfection.

We cant wait to see Ryan and spend this week soaking up his presence. This week, really look at your Christmas lights and see how bright they shine. Be with your family and see how really "being" feels.


Have a Merry Christmas everyone!!

No comments: