We May Not Have It All Together, But Together We Have It All.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Glass half full.......

In week one I was committed to get back into our routine. The kids went back to school after Thanksgiving break and I dove back into my schoolwork. Routine was the best thing for all of us.

We had a great week! Lots of fun and I laughed a lot. I made it a point this week to jot down some of the one-liners that came out of my kiddos mouths. They are so funny. Ryan and I are such dry humor (and often inappropriate humor) individuals so the kids were doomed from day one to see humor in everything.

On Tuesday morning, Brock and I were walking to the bus stop and he took a deep breath in and told me "I love the smell of superheros in the morning..." (I'm certain he hasn't watched Apocalypse Now, so the coincidental scent remark was h.i.l.a.r.i.o.u.s)

On Wednesday, I counted Sydney telling her brother he was "inappropriate and making bad choices" ten times. He probably was..but does she have to act like such a counselors kid....

On Thursday, I told Brock to look up at the sky because the whole sky was filled with layers of clouds that looked almost exactly the same. His response..."Geeze mom, that's a whole lot of angels looking down on us..." (Didn't look like angels, but I like the way he thinks...)


On Friday, we were getting ready to go see Santa. Brock started acting all nervous and whispered to me....."What do I do if Santa is an impostor?" (How the heck do I answer that...I managed to)




I had decided to do a different project each month to count the days Ryan is gone. So we made a paper link chain for this month. However, I quickly found out that Brock is still not grasping the abstract idea of future time. So every time Brock would tear away a link he would think that what was left for the month was when daddy would be home. It was just too difficult for Brock to understand month to month.

So, our newest project is for the whole 365 days. We filled up one glass jar with glass pebbles and each day we take one pebble and put it in an empty jar.
This way the kids can see when the halfway mark comes and also when we are close to homecoming.


What a better way to envision our glass being half full........


No comments: