We May Not Have It All Together, But Together We Have It All.

Saturday, November 20, 2010

My dearest....


(I included a couple fun pictures I took today)

With our Thanks-mas coming soon I know that our week will go too fast. I am trying to relish our last six days together.
When I began writing this blog I told myself that I would do this to document my family's journey through this deployment in hopes that it would be not only cathartic for us but to place hope and love in others.

So, think of this entry as a devotion, love letter or whatever you wish....but look next to you when you read this and smile at, hug or love that person you see.

My dearest,
Im not scared for you to leave. Im not scared of the lonliness....it's the depths of it I fear. The nights when the house is quiet, Im not busy, and have nothing but my thoughts.
We have endured many obstacles in life and have always come out together and I would not be me without you. I am me because you serve as you do.
Will we be different when you return? I know we all will. We will be a year older and have grown through independence. But when that wonderful day comes when you walk towards our arms we will learn together again.

I dont want next Sunday to come, but feel like we have been waiting forever for this day....Im tired and am ready to begin so that it will end. Your confidence in me gives me strength and I love you with all my heart.

No comments: