We May Not Have It All Together, But Together We Have It All.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Smiles at Home.......



Words cannot express what it feels like to have your soldier make it to U. S. soil.  Even though he is not with us and in our home, knowing that he truly is almost home is such an amazing feeling. 

...He left last Friday and for 5 days we didn’t know anything.  Was he still there?  Had he got stuck somewhere? All we knew was that he was leaving that day to begin the travel process.....

Each day I waited I did calculations in my head…”If he leaves on this day, That flight should be this long, There may be a layover in this country, and a stop here…” Only to have another day go by and have to recalculate.  This was absolute torture and I would say that one of my bits of advice is to NOT do this, but there is no possible way to avoid it. 


..."Major said that he would turn on his cell phone once he hit the states…

As I slept this morning, my phone rang, I remember looking over at the nightstand and seeing his picture on my screen. 

...Seven days went by and I got a call.  He said….”Hi baby, we are home.”  You see, home to a soldier is our soil....

There is no way I can explain the feeling.  It was just a sigh, a deep audible sigh. Even though he wasn’t in our home.  He is home in our country.

I didn’t have the heart to wake the kids an hour and half early but as their beautiful sleepy faces emerged I told them about the call, and their smiles told the story.  They know, they know the end of this part of our journey is nearing an end. 

No comments: