We May Not Have It All Together, But Together We Have It All.

Saturday, August 6, 2011

sibling love

Sibling Love....seems not so lovely when Major is gone.

I have mixed feelings about summer being over.  On one hand I wish we could have more summer time together and then on the other I am completely ready for the boogers to get back in school….ok, who am I kidding.  I'm totally ready for school.  There has been several coup attempts at my house in the past couple weeks and as the last week of summer approaches the kids have decided to “see how crappy they can be to each other.”

For example:  yesterday, my wonderful daughter goes right up to her brother’s face and sprayed it with water.  (Ok, kinda funny one time…) but the problem was that she was told to stop it and put the bottle away and instead she chose to hide the bottle in a handy cache and periodically, throughout the day (when mom wasn’t around) spray him in the face at point blank range. 

Of course, she wasn’t alone, my sensitive son decided that a full body tackle would be a great get back. (secretly couldn’t blame him after too many nasal enemas) After I mustered up my best mean mom face and voice, they fell victim to their hearing problems again.   

I imagine my children’s inner monologues and have decided that Syd is a “16 year old, valley girl voice, who sneaks out every night because her mother knows nothing.  She has the deep sigh of agony every 10-15 seconds”……and Brock, well, without question “has the voice of Stewie and yes, is plotting to work at me until I die of anxiety or heartattack”. 

In all seriousness, I love them dearly and I know their “tudes” are partially attributed to the same feelings I have lately…..”I am just tired and done with this deployment.”  We will just stay the course and remain strong.  There is no other option and this is what we will do.  We had a great summer and as it comes to an end we know that starting school is yet another step towards having Major home.  So we welcome it.

I hope you all had a wonderful summer.

No comments: