We May Not Have It All Together, But Together We Have It All.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Who are our teachers????

I have been so busy that I have neglected my blog postings. It feels good to sit and write again.   This week officially ended my two and half years of grad school classes.  I am SO happy and excited about being done. Of course, it was bittersweet because I didn’t have Major to celebrate with but, nonetheless, our life celebrations continue on.

The kids are so glad that mommy now has one more night a week that I get to be home with them……and I am too.  They have been such troopers through all of this and I can honestly say that they are my glue that holds my heart together. 

I started to think about how much my children understand about our life.  They really understand and have an appreciation for who we are as a family.  I think sometimes people feel so much pity for families of the military that they forget that we love our life.  This isn’t to say that it is so sad to see a loved one or daddy go away and miss the simplest things like hugs and smiles, but really the pride is always present. 

I decided to do a little video and see how my kids would respond to some questions I had for them and was, yet again, speechless at their ability to love.  I am proud to share this with you and hope it helps you smile.   After all, kiddos like these teach us more than we will ever know…..

 “Do you think the porter and the cook have no anecdotes, no experiences, no wonders for you?  The walls of their minds are scrawled all over with thoughts.  They shall one day bring a lantern and read the inscriptions.”  Ralph Waldo Emerson


No comments: