We May Not Have It All Together, But Together We Have It All.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Heros.....

“True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic.  It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost.”   -Arthure Ashe


Today was a really special day.  The kids went to the Capital to be part of a proclamation by the Governor announcing April and Military Kids Month. 

The kids got to sit in the cameral hall, see the proclamation by the Governor and stand before an audience that applauded them. 



As I was taking pictures I was reminded about how heroic and brave they really are.  I can sometimes get busy and go through each day and forget what an amazing journey Syd and Brock are taking on.  My children, and many other military children, have to learn to adapt and change all the time and many times they have to grow up just a little faster than others their age. 















I am so proud of them.  They have taken on this deployment with integrity and heart.  We have our ups and downs but those are part of our life.  This deployment has brought my children and I closer in ways that I could have never imagined.  In part it's because we share a combination of pride and loss that balances us together.  So, if I look at today’s experience openly, I can allow myself to say....that I have gained something else very special from this deployment.

Thank you Sydney and Brock for being YOU!


No comments: