We May Not Have It All Together, But Together We Have It All.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Ever notice how you go on vacation to "get away and relax" and when you get home from "vacation" you are so tired from "vacation" that you feel like you need another one right away........for ONCE we didnt do that.




The following was the Earleywine vacation schedule: Wake up....beach...pool...beach...lunch...nap...beach...pool...eat....beach....sleep.
For 4 Straight Days!

We were so laid back, we relaxed our bodies and minds.



I had time to reflect on many things. I thought about how my life has changed since I started staying home with the kids. Sure there are things I miss about working, but I chose this change for my family and me and my decisions are not about just me anymore. If this decision betters my family then it betters me in turn. I realized how I have come to love my life even more. I am a better wife, mother, friend and person. The time will come soon that I will finish grad school and return to work....that makes me smile because I will be doing something I love instead of something simply because it pays the bills.


It has hit me that Ryan is really going to be gone for a YEAR of our lives...he will miss those milestones like birthdays, holidays, anniversary and my graduation. But he also is making that sacrifice.


I haven't really mourned the fact that he is leaving. I suppose its because i have stayed so busy. But all those familiar questions are coming back, like "how will I ever have enough babysitters?", "how will I feel safe?", and "how will I fix that sink if it breaks?" But we got through this two other times and we can do it again. I am armed with lessons learned and will take it day by day with the help of my wonderful family and friends.

No comments: